Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Improving ME!

The past few weeks I have been trying to define who I am. I haven't known, and I still don't. It's been a very tiresome journey to nowhere. But last night I realized that it is because I have come to a complete standstill. I am not improving myself in any way, shape or form! I realize now that what I should be doing is looking for who I want to be, not searching for who I am. So I decided to make a to-do list persay, and begin taking a step towards improvement.
1- I want to look and feel better about myself.
My dad has a workout program that is kick ass and I would like to get one of my own. It is called P90X! Seriously, if you are dedicated to changing the way you look, and you have an hour of free time to workout every day, this is a fantastic program. My dad lost his pop belly within a month! It rocks, so I think I'm going to get that!
2-I am getting a piano!
I just went onto ebay last night and found full size keyboards for $500. They are not amazing pianos, but I just need something to be able to play on! I really miss having my sanctuary to go and play anytime I am stressed or just feel like playing! And, besides, if I want to get anywhere with the piano as my career, I've got to start working!
3-School!
This is a big part of improving myself. I need to go to school and start earning some sort of degree. I have found an online college called 'Berklee School of Music' and have found some things that I would like to do. I just need to save the money for that one!
4-A new hobby!
Lately, i've noticed how damn lazy I am! It is absolutely ridiculous! I have days where all I do is sit on facebook for hours upon hours! NOT GOOD! (as much as you'd like to think that it's awesome, it is a waist of time!) So, I'm going to do something about it. When I'm not playing piano, working out, or at work, I need something to do. I've really thought about it and noticed that my hands have been itching to do something. I've come to the conclusion that I would really like to start building things again. For instance, I built a knight stand when I was in junior high. I really enjoyed working on such things. The satisfaction in knowing that I built that does a wonder for my self-esteem!

So there you have it. My list of goals that I wrote at 4:20 in the morning today!
By the way, these are dates when I would like to accomplish said tasks. (not that you care or anything, I just need it written or typed somewhere to motivate me!)
1-I'd like to have P90X before February is over!
2-I'd like to at least have saved up for a piano by the end of March!
3-I'd like to be going to school by fall!
4-Uhh, whenever I can!

2 comments:

*Nessa* said...

I'm really proud of you for being able to get yourself motivated for those things, maybe you'll end up being my inspiration for kicking myself into gear.
I wishez you luck lol.
And sitting on Facebook for hours at a time is too a worthwhile profession lol.

Unknown said...

I agree with Nessa, this is making me want to do something with my life. Like try to do better in school for one. And other things too. I'm proud of you :)
And I am finding the blogging thing more addicting than facebook...haha.
Good luck =)